Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Reeed Velvet

My mother and sister are coming to see me for Thanksgiving. That should be interesting to say the very least. I decided that I was going to make my sister a cake because I hardly ever see her. Plus it's an excuse to bake. When I talked to my mother yesterday afternoon I told her about the cake and she said, "Why are you making her a cake? It was my birthday." My mothers birthday was on the 22nd and she'll be getting here today. I hadn't really thought about it making her a cake, but I wasn't surprised she was acting like a 12 year old. She started to tell me how I should make her a small red velvet cake - "just a tiny one". I have never made a red velvet cake and I told her so. She sighed loudly and clearly had an attitude. Sooo, being the wonderful daughter I am, I went to the store and picked up the few ingredients I needed to make the cake and did my best. If she isn't super grateful I just might have to poison her slice of pie tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. This post is hilarious. How did the cake turn out? Looks freaking delicious!

    ReplyDelete